Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Run Brady Run!

So we have been away a bit- moving, getting adjusted, hangin out...  But we have been busy!  In our two weeks that we have been in San Antonio we have helped with two garage sales (third one this weekend), volunteered at CHF (head back next week), celebrated Taylor's Birthday!, celebrated Mother's Day, looked for jobs, unpacked, and unpacked some more, and even stepped in to teach a few homeschool lessons!

We have a lot of catching up to do...

And we are going to start by telling you how awesome Brady is!  Brady is Taylor's middle brother and the most musically-creative, self-motivated person we know.  Here is a little about him:

Brady Winder
Age:  19
Lives in:  Spokane, Washington
Occupation:  Walmart/Musician
Website: http://bradywinder.com/
About me: "I love making music, listening to music, playing music, recording music, dancing to music, discussing music, and thinking about music. I love running, especially long distances, dreaming about running, and reading about running. I love going new places, roadtripping places, visiting places, reading about places, and talking about places. I love growing, emotionally growing, physically growing, faithfully growing, mentally growing, spiritually growing, educationally growing, relationally growing. I love people, talking to people, growing with people, sharing with people, having fun with people, laughing with people, eating with people, learning from people, being with people.
The one thing that makes everything else so unimportant is my relationship with God. I try to base my beliefs, thoughts, emotions, relationships, and decisions on what God taught us when he walked the earth as a man. He is the only way I've found for a broken man, such as myself, to feel so whole... Through him I strive for life."

One more thing about Brady is that he sponsors a child through World Vision.  This is something we have always wanted to do but were beat out by our little brother.  Even when we were being supported by a full- time job we felt like we didn't have enough to consistently sponsor someone, but Brady doesn't let excuses stop him.  He thrives in the moments that others see as difficult.  Even when money gets tight, he finds enough to help, and he doesn't stop there.  On top of his monthly sponsorship Brady runs to raise awareness and money for World Vision.   

{World Vision is a Christian humanitarian organization dedicated to working with children, families, and their communities to reach their full potential by tackling the causes of poverty and injustice. World Vision serves all people regardless of religion, race, ethnicity, or gender.}

Here is a note from Brady about what he is doing this time around-

Months of training, reading, eating, thinking, and breathing for running... and it all comes down to one month. I'll be training and racing for 145 miles in May. For those of you who don't know how this works, it's pretty simple. This month I will be running in 3 different races in my area. At each of these races, I'll be wearing a bright orange Team World Vision jersey. This helps in letting people know that I'm running for one of the best causes out there. During all of my training and racing, I'm collecting donations of any amount to help save lives around the world. This time around I'm setting a new goal of $1,000! This will be my second time running for World Vision. Last October I raised $300 for a half marathon that I placed 3rd in, for my age division. Please join with me and be a part of something life changing!


Three separate races on three separate weekends.  
First - was two weekends ago, Bloomsday 7.5 miles
Second - this weekend May 14th , Windermere Half Marathon 13.1 miles
Third - May 29th, Couer d'Alene Marathon 26.2 miles


He is truly inspiring to us :)  Brady we are proud of you and are behind you 100%!  
Run Brady Run!  




If you would like to help Brady reach his goal or just check in to see how he is doing go here!

No comments:

Post a Comment